Wednesday 16 March 2011

Week 2


14/3/11

Started creating my production schedule, and finsihed it.

16/3/11

In Simons lesson today, we had our first lesson of Dreamweaver and made our first basic HTML website. It is important to do housekeeping so it is easier for you to know and access the files. It is also so Dreamweaver can find it more easily.



I linked pages together corretly, linking the home page and index page together. I created folders to store the pictuers and text used in our website which was the mian folder Root, then 3 folders within Root which were HTML, Images, and Raw files. This made it easier for me to find my files along with Dreamweaver recognizing them faster.

I inserted flash text and created a rollover button. I inserted other flash elements that included loop, inserting images via the image URL, and inserting borders around the website. I had a look at inserting flash buttons, however Dreamwevers own buttons are very basic and it would be more better and creative to make your own buttons.

Refreshing the attibutes panel will update any folders that have been imported etc.

We then looked at embedding YouTube videos within our website and using Iframes. Iframes - In a field of video compression a video frame is compressed using different algorithms with different advantages and disadvantages.

No comments:

Post a Comment